Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Inner Peace, And The Road I'm On

It seems I have been away from this blog for a while, that's not always a bad thing. But I'm back to give you a few updates, and share a thought or two I've had.

I have been slowly but surely working on my book, and other projects. As well as cleaning up all of my social media accounts. I've cleaned up my Instagram, YouTube, and next this blog. My feeling is that some of the older content just bogs down the pages.  So, out with the old in with the new.

And keeping with the theme of ' Out with the old, in with the new', I have been doing some mental spring cleaning as well.  Learning and discovering things about myself along the way. Learning how to let go.

This is going to be on the personal side, and even though I've shared a few personal blogs. I think this one is my most personal in some ways.

Making friends has not always been easy for me, I tend to be on the shy side. So when I do make a genuine friend, it's heartbreaking to lose them. It's also, at least for me, very freeing. I have discovered in the past few days, that while I'm hurt and saddened, I'm embracing parts of myself and personality I had kept somewhat hidden.

I'm finding that in letting go, even if I don't have the answers or closure that I wanted, I can move on. That the amount of time you know someone doesn't always mean they are a good or genuine friend. And that people I have known for less time, are better friends to me.

I've learned that it's not the quantity, but the quality that counts most. I have good people in my life, that love me and only want me happy. I also know, that while walking away from something that isn't good for you may be the wise choice, it's never the easy one.

I know that in the end I'm going to be ok, I just have to take baby steps.

Emily